Stopping columns on subsequent pages

Old December 23rd 08, 03:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
T McB

Default Stopping columns on subsequent pages

I want to create a template for reports that have the distribution at the
bottom of the first page in three columns. I need to start the columns about
halfway down the page and then stop the columns at the bottom of the first
page. Page 2 and beyond should be regular Word format. I can't seem to stop
the columns from continuing on page 2 and beyond. Has anyone done this
before? Thanks.

Old December 23rd 08, 04:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Insert a section break (Continuous or Next Page) at the bottom of the page
and then format the following section as one column.

http://word.mvps.org