A Microsoft Word forum. Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter forum » Microsoft Word Newsgroups » Tables
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

How do I stop a table from splitting between two pages?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 4th 05, 07:25 PM
OLTRAV
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default How do I stop a table from splitting between two pages?

I have a table, and for some reason, it is forcing a new page between 2 rows.
I don't want it break at all. This break is leaving half a page blank.
Ads
  #2  
Old February 4th 05, 07:52 PM
garfield-n-odie
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Select all of the table rows after the page break, and click on Format |
Paragraph | Line and Page Breaks | uncheck the three boxes for "Keep
lines together", "Keep with next", and "Page break before" | OK.

OLTRAV wrote:

I have a table, and for some reason, it is forcing a new page between 2 rows.
I don't want it break at all. This break is leaving half a page blank.


  #3  
Old February 9th 05, 09:57 PM
Jugger-not
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I found this helpful for my table for every row but one - for some reason
that one row won't begin immediately after the previous one

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Select all of the table rows after the page break, and click on Format |
Paragraph | Line and Page Breaks | uncheck the three boxes for "Keep
lines together", "Keep with next", and "Page break before" | OK.

OLTRAV wrote:

I have a table, and for some reason, it is forcing a new page between 2 rows.
I don't want it break at all. This break is leaving half a page blank.



  #4  
Old February 9th 05, 10:05 PM
garfield-n-odie
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So where does that row begin? Just a guess: Select that row, and
(assuming you have Word 2002 or 2003) click on Table | Table Properties
| Row | check the "Allow row to break across pages" box | OK.

Jugger-not wrote:

I found this helpful for my table for every row but one - for some reason
that one row won't begin immediately after the previous one

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:


Select all of the table rows after the page break, and click on Format |
Paragraph | Line and Page Breaks | uncheck the three boxes for "Keep
lines together", "Keep with next", and "Page break before" | OK.

OLTRAV wrote:


I have a table, and for some reason, it is forcing a new page between 2 rows.
I don't want it break at all. This break is leaving half a page blank.




 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
X of Y Pages - Sections - Table of Contents DataRanger Microsoft Word Help 0 January 10th 05 09:43 PM
WORD 2000 pages layout when EXCEL table inserted Quetzalcoatl Page Layout 0 January 4th 05 10:13 PM
Row height problem with table in table Stephanie T. Tables 0 November 23rd 04 03:35 PM
table caption numbering scottkinsey Tables 1 November 11th 04 11:47 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.