Norbert

Default Toolbar Alignment in Word

The standard toolbar in Word "drifts" a little to the right each time I open
Word.

I would like the toolbar to remain aligned with the left edge of the window,
and I have tried various combinations of saving documents, closing Word,
saving Normal.dot, etc.

What controls the position of the toolbars, and how do I keep them from
moving?

Thanks.

katin42

You might need to re-check "user preferneces" on how you want Shortcuts to be
saved. Make sure the shortcut you want has a checkmark next to it, in the
dropdown Taskbar menu. Otherwise, you should just be able to drag and drop
it into place, and it automatically locks. If you ever have to re-load,
always add a checkmark to "Save my shortcuts" as well.

"Norbert" wrote:

The standard toolbar in Word "drifts" a little to the right each time I open
Word.

I would like the toolbar to remain aligned with the left edge of the window,
and I have tried various combinations of saving documents, closing Word,
saving Normal.dot, etc.

What controls the position of the toolbars, and how do I keep them from
moving?

Thanks.

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Tm9yYmVydA==?=,

The standard toolbar in Word "drifts" a little to the right each time I open
Word.

I would like the toolbar to remain aligned with the left edge of the window,
and I have tried various combinations of saving documents, closing Word,
saving Normal.dot, etc.

What controls the position of the toolbars, and how do I keep them from
moving?

Toolbars are controlled by the Word DATA key. It's possible that this has been
damaged, and that regenerating it will solve the problem. No guarantees, though
:-)

Instructions for doing this are posted at the word.mvps.org site.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
How do I keep two words together? LAD Microsoft Word Help 2 April 15th 05 12:25 AM
how to convert wordperfect 5.0 floppy files to word pcoelho Microsoft Word Help 2 February 17th 05 06:55 PM
Converted document from WordPerfect. New footnotes are not being. C Lowman Microsoft Word Help 1 January 26th 05 10:19 PM