Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Vic Blake

Default How do I print labels the right size.

I want to print a sheet of similar labels in Word and I set them up entirely
correctly to Avery J8160 specification. But when they print the labels are
too small, being slightly too naroow and leaving a 3.5 cm margin at the
bottom of the page. I have tried changing the page set up but no difference.
Address labels print perfectly using my Access address book.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

When you say that you "set them up entirely correctly to Avery J8160
specification", did you start with the Avery J8160 label from the
ToolsLetters and MailingsEnvelopes and LabelsLabels dialog?

Are you sure that is it not a problem with the printer? Many Ink jet
printers cannot print right to the bottom of the page.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Vic Blake" Vic wrote in message
I want to print a sheet of similar labels in Word and I set them up
entirely
correctly to Avery J8160 specification. But when they print the labels are
too small, being slightly too naroow and leaving a 3.5 cm margin at the
bottom of the page. I have tried changing the page set up but no
difference.
Address labels print perfectly using my Access address book.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Vic Blake

In answer to Doug Robbins - yes, eveything is set up according to the book.
The printer functions perfectly when printing labels from Access address book
so no problems there. Office has been re-installed but before that everyhing
worked perfectly.

"Vic Blake" wrote:

I want to print a sheet of similar labels in Word and I set them up entirely
correctly to Avery J8160 specification. But when they print the labels are
too small, being slightly too naroow and leaving a 3.5 cm margin at the
bottom of the page. I have tried changing the page set up but no difference.
Address labels print perfectly using my Access address book.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I don't know about the "too narrow" bit, but the bottom margin problem could
be being caused by Word.

See the article "The bottom of my pages don't print" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...sDontPrint.htm

--

"Vic Blake" wrote:

I want to print a sheet of similar labels in Word and I set them up
entirely
correctly to Avery J8160 specification. But when they print the labels
are
too small, being slightly too naroow and leaving a 3.5 cm margin at the
bottom of the page. I have tried changing the page set up but no
difference.
Address labels print perfectly using my Access address book.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Vic Blake

Doug, I have solved it, though not tidily. I first had to uncheck "Allow
A4/letter paper resizing" in the page setup dialogue (that solved the bottom
margin problem). Then I had to customise the margins of the Avery label
selected in the print labels option to adjust their position laterally. I
have now saved this as a custom label. The problem only occurred when I had
to reload Office XP - and only with Word. Don't know why! Thanks for your
time and help. Merry Christmas. Vic