sam.o sam.o is offline
Junior Member

Default Reduce size of all blank-lines

Hi All,

Still working on the same huge document that I came to you for help on last time...

I wonder if there is a quick and easy way to reduce the size (so the font size I suppose) of all blank lines in a word document? I.e. at the moment all blank lines are the same size as the rest of the document - 12pt - and I'd like them all to be 7pt.

I haven't used paragraph breaks of anything in creating the document - I just used the return key to create blank lines...

Any thoughts massively appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
DeanH DeanH is offline

It is generally not good practise to use the Return Key to create space. This
produces a superfluous Paragraph Marks. If you dont see these, read the
following article about these Non-printing characters:
See: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm
Use Ctrl+Shft+8 or the ¶ icon (on the Home ribbon or the Standard toolbar)
to toggle the view of these.
Instead of superfluous paragraph the best practise is to use the Paragraph
Formatting attributes of Space Before and Space After (generally this one
more often than Space before when dealing with Body Text paragraphs) to
create space between paragraphs.
But as you alrady have these paragraphs in your large document and deleting
them will probably cause your more problems there is a way of doing what you
want.
You will need to several steps but it is simple.
Open Replace dialog, in the Find what: type ^p^p, and replace with ^p####^p.
I chose #### as usually this will not appear anywhere in a document, text
this first and choose anything that is not in your document.
The Replace ####^p with ####^p with 7pt assigned via the Format button, you
may need to click the More button to see this.
Then Replace #### with nothing.
All your blank line should now be 7pt.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"sam.o" wrote:

Hi All,

Still working on the same huge document that I came to you for help on
last time...

I wonder if there is a quick and easy way to reduce the size (so the
font size I suppose) of all blank lines in a word document? I.e. at the
moment all blank lines are the same size as the rest of the document -
12pt - and I'd like them all to be 7pt.

I haven't used paragraph breaks of anything in creating the document -
I just used the return key to create blank lines...

Any thoughts massively appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

sam.o
.

Hamkozi Hamkozi is offline
Junior Member

There can be up to 60 players in a contest. Fall guys is a popular game with a significant following. Face unique hurdles, dress up in lovely outfits, and enter the race with bated breath, eagerly expecting the following laps. Try to make it all the way to the end to win.
chunmin89 chunmin89 is offline
Banned

It's great to be here with everyone, I have a lot of knowledge from what you share, to say thank you, the information and knowledge here helps me a lot. retro games

lindatr lindatr is offline
Junior Member

I am impressed. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. fnf
starboyai33 starboyai33 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindatr View Post
I am impressed. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. fnf

i like playing also fnf games..