Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wordyOne wordyOne is offline

Default Word 2007's Find command no longer able to find Style Separator

Just to follow up, I have reported this problem to Microsoft, and it is
confirmed to be broken in the latest build(s) of Word and Word 2010. The
issue has been passed on to the Word engineers.

The reason that some people could not reproduce seems to be related to the
build number of Word 2007. Earlier build numbers apparently do not exhibit
the problem, so it might coincide with some recent Windows or Office SP2
updates.