JMB

Default double spacing causes half of pages to vanish

I have a document that is 136 pages single spaced. About half is
footnotes and half text.

If I select all text and format the paragraph as double spaced, every
other page vanishes!

Same with the footnotes.

Please help!

Thanks!!

JMB

Sorry for the lack of attention to detail on my part:
Please only use the jerryb99 address if anyone is going to reply by
email.

Is there a way to get rid of the other two addresses on the usenet in
these messages?

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 20:07:39 -0700, JMB
wrote:

I should add that I'm using Word 2002.

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 20:04:20 -0700, JMB wrote:

I have a document that is 136 pages single spaced. About half is
footnotes and half text.

If I select all text and format the paragraph as double spaced, every
other page vanishes!

Same with the footnotes.

Please help!

Thanks!!

Amedee Van Gasse

JMB shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Sorry for the lack of attention to detail on my part:
Please only use the jerryb99 address if anyone is going to reply by
email.

Nobody is going to reply by email. That would not be a polite thing to
do. Don't ask for a fish but learn how to fish.

Is there a way to get rid of the other two addresses on the usenet in
these messages?

Except for cancelling (I see you use Forte Agent 1.91/32.564 so you
could try that), I wouldn't know any way. But I fear you are too late:
the big bad archiving monster has already petrified your messages for
posterity.

To answer your original question: I don't know.
Try this:
* new document
* copy only one page to the new document
* apply double spacing
* what happens???

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
How to Report Bugs Effectively
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no" as the
answer.
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoyn...-with-yes-or-n
o-answers.html
JR

What do you mean by vanish ???? Doesnt print, is lost totally, extra pages
added ????
Need more details.

John

"JMB" wrote in message
I have a document that is 136 pages single spaced. About half is
footnotes and half text.

If I select all text and format the paragraph as double spaced, every
other page vanishes!

Same with the footnotes.

Please help!

Thanks!!

TF

Are you sure that they vanish and that you don't have a graphics driver
issue? Try switching to double-spacing again and this time switch to Print
Preview and then back to Page Layout View to force repagination.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

:
: If I select all text and format the paragraph as double spaced, every
: other page vanishes!
:
: Same with the footnotes.
:
: Please help!
:
: Thanks!!

JMB

What worked is this suggestion I got from another forum (sorry I
didn't cross-list, i forgot)

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 13:07:52 +0200, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:

You can try to copy the entire document except for the final paragraph
mark and paste it into a new document. For more on this, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

Thanks for all the other suggestions and comments!

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 20:04:20 -0700, JMB wrote:

I have a document that is 136 pages single spaced. About half is
footnotes and half text.

If I select all text and format the paragraph as double spaced, every
other page vanishes!

Same with the footnotes.

Please help!

Thanks!!

Amedee Van Gasse

wrote:

You can try to copy the entire document except for the final
paragraph mark and paste it into a new document. For more on this,
see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

Thanks for all the other suggestions and comments!

Sounds a bit like this to me:

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1