EmZ

Default Only half the data....

Hello,
I'm using the merge function to generate a letter on Word using data from an
Excel sheet. I've gotten all the fields in and when i merge to the document
it seems to complete all, except that half way through all the letters I
generate, one piece of data starts to turn out "0". all the other
information from the entry is merged successfully so i don't understand why
not just this one particular piece. this only happens after 50 or so
letters, before that it merges with all the information perfectly.

thank you in advance.
Anne Troy

EmZ: Do you know if it's happening ALWAYS at a specific row's data? Perhaps
the Excel file changes something at that row?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"EmZ" wrote in message
Hello,
I'm using the merge function to generate a letter on Word using data from
an
Excel sheet. I've gotten all the fields in and when i merge to the
document
it seems to complete all, except that half way through all the letters I
generate, one piece of data starts to turn out "0". all the other
information from the entry is merged successfully so i don't understand
why
not just this one particular piece. this only happens after 50 or so
letters, before that it merges with all the information perfectly.

thank you in advance.

EmZ

Yes, it always happens at entry 52. the only thing that i can see off hand
is that the information starts becomes alpha numeric instead of just numeric
at that point, but even so, not all the information in that particular field
remains alpha numeric after entry 52. there are other fields that merged
correctly after 52 that are alpha numeric. problem only happens for one
column.