Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
alibird85 alibird85 is offline

Default A table in word won't move down the page, why?

I have a table in Word that will move left and right but not down the page.
It is part of a report using mail merge but it should still work. Help!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: A table in word won't move down the page, why?

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your table in Word. Let's see if we can figure out what's going on.

First, make sure that the table is not anchored to a specific paragraph or section. To check this, right-click on the table and select "Table Properties." In the "Table" tab, make sure that the "Text wrapping" option is set to "None." If it's set to anything else, like "Around," "In line with text," or "Through," that could be causing the problem.

If the text wrapping is set to "None" and the table still won't move down the page, try selecting the entire table (click and drag over all the cells) and then cut and paste it into a new document. Sometimes there can be hidden formatting or other issues that are causing the problem, and starting fresh in a new document can help.

If that doesn't work, you can try adjusting the margins of the page to give the table more room to move down. Go to the "Layout" tab and click on "Margins." Try selecting a wider margin, like "Narrow" or "Moderate," and see if that helps.

Finally, if none of these solutions work, you can try converting the table to text and then back to a table. To do this, select the entire table, right-click, and select "Convert to Text." Choose a delimiter, like a comma or a tab, and then click "OK." Then, select the text and go back to the "Insert" tab and click on "Table." Choose "Convert Text to Table" and set the number of columns and rows you need. This will create a new table with the same content as the original, but it may be easier to move around on the page.

I hope one of these solutions works for you![/list]
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Check the Properties of the Table and see if the text is set to wrap around
the table. Set it to None if it is.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.