Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Frank Frank is offline

Default How can I automate removal of zero value entries in mail merge?

I have made an Excel sheet with data pulled from other sheets. Some of the
entries have "0's" on them, which is fine in Excel, but I don't need to print
out Envelopes with "0's" on them in Mail Merge. I know how to manually
filter them out in Word during the select recipients part, but is there a way
that I can automate this. I have set my Excel sheet as a template because
the data is always new, and I also have a template of the envelope with the
formatting and merge fields already in place. Is it possible to save
filtering process steps? Currently we have to click on one of the field
arrows in "Select Recipient" dialog box, select advanced, then we select the
field to be filtered, choose the comparison by option (we use "Greater Than")
and then enter the "0" zero. This gets rid of all the entries we don't need,
but is there a way that I can save that into the Envelope Template or
something? Maybe even in Excel? I appreciate any help on this. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Frank Frank is offline

Graham, Thank you for the reply.
I now have a new question. how do I implement this Skipif field.
What I have now is CTN's CTN'S. would I put that in the envelope
template like this "CTN's {SKIPIF {Mergefield fieldname} = "0"} CTN'S"?

Frank wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

SKIPIF normally goes at the start of the merge and SKIPs the record if the
criteria are met.
Use CTRL+F9 for the field boundaries or insert the field.