Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Randy Randy is offline

Default IncludeText

Steps Taken:
1. Open New Document
2. Insert -File - Select Source Document - Insert as Link
3. Save Document as "Master"
4. Open New Master Document -Make Changes - Press F9 -Changes Disappear
5. Nor are they saved to document

What I am trying to accomplish is inserting several documents into one
master as includetext fields. Then all I have to do is open the one master
document, make changes as necessary and save changes to the source documents.

Thanks,
Randy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Randy" wrote:

Steps Taken:
1. Open New Document
2. Insert -File - Select Source Document - Insert as Link
3. Save Document as "Master"
4. Open New Master Document -Make Changes - Press F9 -Changes Disappear
5. Nor are they saved to document

What I am trying to accomplish is inserting several documents into one
master as includetext fields. Then all I have to do is open the one master
document, make changes as necessary and save changes to the source documents.

With your cursor anywhere inside the INCLUDETEXT field, you have to do
CTRL-SHIFT-F7 to save the changes in the INCLUDETEXT field. By the way, this
information is available in the online help for the INCLUDETEXT field (Help
Type "INCLUDETEXT" and hit Enter Read the second topic that comes up in the
list. I do not know why it does not come up as first, but second ain't bad!
At least, with my version of 2003, it is the second topic...)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Randy Randy is offline

Thanks.......I was expecting something that would never happen :-) It works
now that I understand it better.

Thanks for your help!

IncludeText sonia New Users 5 September 10th 07 09:46 AM
using INCLUDETEXT? BrendaLL Microsoft Word Help 2 March 9th 06 06:42 AM
IncludeText Fields stacyo New Users 0 October 5th 05 09:39 PM
IncludeText fields Jeff Mailmerge 4 September 29th 05 10:52 PM
IncludeText Janna Tables 0 February 19th 05 03:35 PM