Squid

Default Overwrite in error, recoverable?

Someone here just overwrote a 200 page word document for which we have many,
many, many man-hours into. Do you think there is a recent copy of it saved
somewhere like in a TEMP file somewhere on the desk top? Any idea how to
find it or restore the original file. We searched the person's TEMP folder
but did not have any luck.

TIA
Mike

Shauna Kelly

Hi Mike

Look in the same folder that the document was saved it. There may, or may
not, be a temporary file there that may, or may not, hold some or all of the
document.

In any case, contact your IT department. Assuming the document was saved on
a server, and assuming basic backup procedures, last night's server backup
should have a backup of yesterday afternoon's version of the document.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word