Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Heather Heather is offline

Default Adding an includetext command to paragraph

I'm working on a massive mail merge project with a lot of nested if
statements.

I have codes like this:

{if {mergefield atype1}="HS" {if {mergefield eval1}="1010" {if
{mergefield evalvalue1}="90" {includetext c:\\scholar2.doc}""}""}""}

and...
{if {mergefield atype1}="HS" {includetext c:\\frosh1.doc}""}

I'm merging the fields into a template. When I put them in a paragraph,
it seems to break the line at the insertion point so that it looks like
this:

blah blah blah lots of templated text and so on and so forth blah blah
mergfield stuff inserted

Is there something I can do to prevent that? Same thing happens if I
put those two back to back - I still get, essentially, two lines that
are broken.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Heather

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Bookmark the section of the document that you want to include (without the
final paragraph mark if all of it) and include the bookmarked portion. Save
the document then in your field construction ....

{Includetext "C:\\Path\\Docname.doc" bookmarkname}