Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] andishack@gmail.com is offline

Default Word Forms (2003) - creating a "click here to SAVE" button

I am creating a Form in Word for a group of people who rarely use
computers... to make sure that they SAVE their completed form, I want
to create a button within the document that they can click on to SAVE
the document... is it possible!?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

It's possible, but it would serve little purpose. Word already has a Save
button on the Standartd Toolbar & the user is automatically prompted to save
if they attemp to close the form or quit the program with unsaved changes
pending. If that's not enough to encourage them to save their changes I
doubt that one more button cluttering up your form will push them over the
edge Taking the time to do a little *training* of the users would be in
order.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am creating a Form in Word for a group of people who rarely use
computers... to make sure that they SAVE their completed form, I want
to create a button within the document that they can click on to SAVE
the document... is it possible!?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you add macros to the document they will be flagged as a warning and
probably disabled or disabled automatically according to macro security
settings in the user's PC..

If you are supplying the form as a template you could add an autoclose macro
to save the documents created from it automatically when the document is
closed.

Something along the lines of

Sub AutoClose()
Dim sFileName As String
If Len(ActiveDocument.FullName) = 0 Then
sFileName = ActiveDocument.FormFields("Text1").Result & ".doc"
Else
sFileName = ActiveDocument.FullName
End If
MsgBox sFileName
ActiveDocument.SaveAs sFileName
End Sub

will save an unsaved document with the name taken from the content of the
formfield Text1 or save it with its already assigned name.

CyberTaz wrote:
It's possible, but it would serve little purpose. Word already has a
Save button on the Standartd Toolbar & the user is automatically
prompted to save if they attemp to close the form or quit the program
with unsaved changes pending. If that's not enough to encourage them
to save their changes I doubt that one more button cluttering up your
form will push them over the edge Taking the time to do a little
*training* of the users would be in order.

oups.com...