Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sj616796 sj616796 is offline

Default Letterhead

We have custom letterhead that was done by a graphic arts company several
years ago. Is there a way that I can import this letterhead into Word 2003
so that we can use it to send email letters to our customers and vendors?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If you have the letterhead as a graphics file (or if you scan it into a
graphics file), you can use the methods at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm to prepare a template that
includes it.

If you expect people to read the letters on screen instead of on paper,
preparing the Word document is not the last step. The reason is that
anything placed in the header of a Word document is dimmed (grayed out)
whenever you're reading the main text. The logo or text of the letterhead
will look "washed out".

In that case, the better alternative is to convert the finished Word
document to a PDF file for distribution. The header won't be washed out, and
the recipients won't easily be able to change anything. You can get Adobe
Acrobat, or you can use one of several free (or at least less expensive) PDF
creation programs.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

sj616796 wrote:
We have custom letterhead that was done by a graphic arts company
several years ago. Is there a way that I can import this letterhead
into Word 2003 so that we can use it to send email letters to our
customers and vendors?

Letterhead set up Lewis Shanks Page Layout 2 August 19th 06 12:39 AM
Can I scan paper letterhead into Word as electronic letterhead? ECTRBob Microsoft Word Help 2 December 19th 05 04:28 AM
letterhead Mandy Microsoft Word Help 3 September 15th 05 06:27 PM
How do I use my company letterhead as letterhead template in Word? FolsomResident Page Layout 1 August 20th 05 05:11 PM
Letterhead C Callanan Microsoft Word Help 1 December 1st 04 09:01 AM