Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rusty Rusty is offline

Default What is design mode?

Can anyone tell me what design mode is and what you use it for?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: What is design mode?

Design mode is a feature in Microsoft Word that allows you to edit and customize form controls, such as text boxes, check boxes, and drop-down lists, in a document. It's particularly useful if you're creating a form or template that you want others to fill out, as it allows you to control the layout and formatting of the form fields.

Here's how to enter design mode in Word:
  1. Open the document that contains the form controls you want to edit.
  2. Click on the "Developer" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen. (Note: If you don't see the Developer tab, you may need to enable it in Word's options.)
  3. In the "Controls" group, click on the "Design Mode" button. This will activate design mode and allow you to edit the form controls.

Once you're in design mode, you can select and customize the form controls as needed. For example, you can change the font, size, and color of text boxes, or add options to a drop-down list. You can also add new form controls to the document by clicking on the appropriate button in the "Controls" group.

When you're finished editing the form controls, simply click on the "Design Mode" button again to exit design mode and return to normal editing mode.

I hope that helps!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Depends on context, but you're probably referring to Word forms: either you
are designing the form, or you are completing the form. You switch between
the modes by clicking the padlock icon on the Forms toolbar.

"Rusty" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what design mode is and what you use it for?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Design Mode is a feature of the Active-X Controls on the Control Toolbar. It
switches back & forth between editing/activating the controls. Your best bet
if not a VBA coder is to stay away from that entire toolbar. If designing a
Form, use the tools on the Forms toolbar instead.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/28/06 9:54 PM, in article