Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Adam@MGI Adam@MGI is offline

Default Word Tables (Importing Data)

I have a list of names that I want to import into a table in a Word document.
The list is in Excel, but I also have it in a seperate Word document and can
convert it to text, (csv if necessairy). The document is 15 8.5x11 pages,
each page has a table with 15 rows by 3 columns, (Left to Right: a 1" h x 4"
w, a 1" h x .5" w, and another 1" h x 4"). The data has to be inserted into
the two 1x4 cells and not in the 1x.5 cell.

Is this possible? It would save me about two days of moving data into the
table.

Thanks,
Adam
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CS Hayes[_2_] CS Hayes[_2_] is offline

you have 3 columns
you want 2 deleting the middle column, or is there data you need in that
middle column?

if there is no data in the middle column then select the column and delete
it via table delete column.
--
Chris Hayes
Still a beginner (only 12 years)

"Adam@MGI" wrote:

I have a list of names that I want to import into a table in a Word document.
The list is in Excel, but I also have it in a seperate Word document and can
convert it to text, (csv if necessairy). The document is 15 8.5x11 pages,
each page has a table with 15 rows by 3 columns, (Left to Right: a 1" h x 4"
w, a 1" h x .5" w, and another 1" h x 4"). The data has to be inserted into
the two 1x4 cells and not in the 1x.5 cell.

Is this possible? It would save me about two days of moving data into the
table.

Thanks,
Adam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CS Hayes[_2_] CS Hayes[_2_] is offline

I think I understand now.

1) Excel spread sheet:
- insert a column between the two columns of information
- select all the cells that are going to be inserted in a single page (3
columns and 15 rows), that includes the cells inbetween the two significant
rows
- copy
2) Word Document
- In Word select the exact about of cells (3 columns and 15 rows)
- paste

15 pages, 15 steps, you are done