Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
robinb robinb is offline

Default Renumbering Not Working?

I am formatting Specs for Govt. Agencies.
My format needs to be:
Section 1
1-2 Topic
A. Topic
1. Topic
Section 2
2-1 Topic
A. Topic
1. Topic

This is what it is doing:

Section 1
1-2 Topic
A. Topic
1. Topic
Section 2
1-3 Topic
B. Topic
1. Topic
For some reason it isn't Recognizing the Section headers? I have the
"Restart Numbering" after Level 1 option. I could type it in but need these
numbers to all be automatic. Thanks in advance for any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Um9iaW5C?=,

Your first example isn't making much sense. Why should the second level be 1-2
under Section 1 and 2-1 under Section 2?

Assuming you meant 1-1, the 2-1, I get the following (Word 2003):
Section 1
1-1 Level 2
1-2 Another Level 2
A Level 3

Section 2
2-1 Level 2

You do have Section defined as part of the Level 1 number format, so you're
not using ListNum fields, correct? And you've double-checked that Level 2 is
set to renumber after Level 1?

[...]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
robinb robinb is offline

No, that is how we number for our Specifications, weird as it may be. I
re-did it with the ListNum fields you suggested and it worked. Thanks so much!