anet

Default page x of y, and x starts on pg 3 of the doc...

I have a title page & toc BEFORE my pg. 1 and i want my "y" to start on pg 1
not 3.
example: Title page (no pg #), TOC (pg. i), then the document starts (pg 1
of ??) I want the end number to begin with the document, not the title page.
How do i change this?

1. Press Ctrl+F9 to insert a field. Type:

= - 2

2. Between the equals sign and the minus sign (hyphen), click the Insert
Number of Pages button on the Header and Footer toolbar.

3. Press F9 to update the field.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You'll have to use a calculated field for Y: { = { NUMPAGES } - 2 }

so
all may benefit.