Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dee Dee is offline

Default Delete Word Fonts from C:/Windows/Fonts

I do desktop publishing for clients. Office 2007 has loaded so many fonts in
the system folder that I can't open client's fonts without exceeding the 400
suggested limit. If I delete the fonts from the directory, they are reloaded
the next time I open Word.

How do I keep these Office fonts out of the C:/Windows/Fonts? The only way
to have my font manager handle these fonts is to get them out of the system
directory. If I need them, my font manager will add them.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Where did the 400 font limit come from?

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Dee" wrote in message
I do desktop publishing for clients. Office 2007 has loaded so many fonts
in
the system folder that I can't open client's fonts without exceeding the
400
suggested limit. If I delete the fonts from the directory, they are
reloaded
the next time I open Word.

How do I keep these Office fonts out of the C:/Windows/Fonts? The only way
to have my font manager handle these fonts is to get them out of the
system
directory. If I need them, my font manager will add them.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dee Dee is offline

JoAnn,

Many illustration and page layout programs will tell you that over 400
active fonts slows down the program and may cause the programs to crash.

Dee