Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug

Default Copy macros from Normal.dot to another template for distribution

We need to distribute the spell checking macro and toolbar to users in other
areas of the company. The macro shows up under all active Templates and the
Normal.dot template, but when I try to use the organizer to copy it from
Normal.dot to another template, the macro doesn't show up. Any idea what I
am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Ken K.
--
akkrug
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

The organiser only shows macro project items - if you have not made any
changes yours will be in the NewMacros project (along with any others you
have created). To separate it out you need to create a new project and move
the macro to it using the macro editor, or if you have the template open for
editing, you could move or copy it to the new template project directly.

akkrug wrote:
We need to distribute the spell checking macro and toolbar to users
in other areas of the company. The macro shows up under all active
Templates and the Normal.dot template, but when I try to use the
organizer to copy it from Normal.dot to another template, the macro
doesn't show up. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Ken K.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug

Default Copy macros from Normal.dot to another template for distributi

Graham,

How do I go about creating a new macro project?

Thanks.
--
akkrug

akkrug wrote:
We need to distribute the spell checking macro and toolbar to users
in other areas of the company. The macro shows up under all active
Templates and the Normal.dot template, but when I try to use the
organizer to copy it from Normal.dot to another template, the macro
doesn't show up. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Ken K.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

The organizer shows modules, not macros. Macros are stored or organized in
modules. You can use the vba editor (Alt-F11) to copy individual macros. See
http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step instructions
on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations including
AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros, etc.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"akkrug" wrote in message
We need to distribute the spell checking macro and toolbar to users in
other
areas of the company. The macro shows up under all active Templates and
the
Normal.dot template, but when I try to use the organizer to copy it from
Normal.dot to another template, the macro doesn't show up. Any idea what
am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Ken K.
--
akkrug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug

Thanks Graham. I'm still a little fuzzy on what makes a template "Global",
other than locating it in the startup directory. You guys are the best!!
--
akkrug

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

ALT+F11 - Insert Module

akkrug wrote:
We need to distribute the spell checking macro and toolbar to users
in other areas of the company. The macro shows up under all active
Templates and the Normal.dot template, but when I try to use the
organizer to copy it from Normal.dot to another template, the macro
doesn't show up. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Ken K.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom

The Normal template is always global; custom templates
must be in the startup folder to be global. See
http://word.mvps.org/macwordnew/glob...atecontent.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"akkrug" wrote in message
Thanks Graham. I'm still a little fuzzy on what makes a template

"Global",
other than locating it in the startup directory. You guys are the

best!!
--
akkrug

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

ALT+F11 - Insert Module

akkrug wrote:
We need to distribute the spell checking macro and toolbar to

users
in other areas of the company. The macro shows up under all

active
Templates and the Normal.dot template, but when I try to use

the
organizer to copy it from Normal.dot to another template, the

macro
doesn't show up. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Ken K.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug

Thanks Stefan. I think I finally get it!!!

Ken K.
--
akkrug

"akkrug" wrote in message
Thanks Graham. I'm still a little fuzzy on what makes a template

"Global",
other than locating it in the startup directory. You guys are the

best!!
--
akkrug

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

ALT+F11 - Insert Module

akkrug wrote:
We need to distribute the spell checking macro and toolbar to

users
in other areas of the company. The macro shows up under all

active
Templates and the Normal.dot template, but when I try to use

the
organizer to copy it from Normal.dot to another template, the

macro
doesn't show up. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Ken K.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom

Hm, I just noticed that the link in my previous message was to a
MacWord page. Although the principle is the same for both flavors of
Word, you may prefer to read about WinWord. See:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...latesStore.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"akkrug" wrote in message
Thanks Graham. I'm still a little fuzzy on what makes a

template
"Global",
other than locating it in the startup directory. You guys are

the
best!!
--
akkrug

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

ALT+F11 - Insert Module

akkrug wrote:
We need to distribute the spell checking macro and toolbar

users
in other areas of the company. The macro shows up under

all
active
Templates and the Normal.dot template, but when I try to

use
the
organizer to copy it from Normal.dot to another template,

the
macro
doesn't show up. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Ken K.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

A slight correction: any template can be loaded as global by being added
through the Tools | Templates and Add-ins dialog. But only templates in
Word's Startup folder will be loaded at startup as global templates.

"akkrug" wrote in message
Thanks Graham. I'm still a little fuzzy on what makes a template

"Global",
other than locating it in the startup directory. You guys are the

best!!
--
akkrug

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

ALT+F11 - Insert Module

akkrug wrote:
We need to distribute the spell checking macro and toolbar to

users
in other areas of the company. The macro shows up under all

active
Templates and the Normal.dot template, but when I try to use

the
organizer to copy it from Normal.dot to another template, the

macro
doesn't show up. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Ken K.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

A global template, other than normal.dot, is loaded through (1) being in
Word's Startup folder, or (2) being added using the Templates and Add-Ins
dialog, or (3) being loaded using code (but those loaded using (2) or (3)
won't automatically be loaded next time you start Word) . See

"akkrug" wrote in message
Thanks Graham. I'm still a little fuzzy on what makes a template
"Global",
other than locating it in the startup directory. You guys are the best!!
--
akkrug

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

ALT+F11 - Insert Module

akkrug wrote:
We need to distribute the spell checking macro and toolbar to users
in other areas of the company. The macro shows up under all active
Templates and the Normal.dot template, but when I try to use the
organizer to copy it from Normal.dot to another template, the macro
doesn't show up. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Ken K.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gene

Charles,

This link is very helpful; thank you.

See http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step
instructions on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations
including AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros,
etc.

Sincerely,
Gene

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...

"akkrug" wrote in message
Thanks Graham. I'm still a little fuzzy on what makes a template
"Global",
other than locating it in the startup directory. You guys are the best!!
--
akkrug

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

ALT+F11 - Insert Module

akkrug wrote:
We need to distribute the spell checking macro and toolbar to users
in other areas of the company. The macro shows up under all active
Templates and the Normal.dot template, but when I try to use the
organizer to copy it from Normal.dot to another template, the macro
doesn't show up. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Ken K.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

You are welcome.
--

"akkrug" wrote in message
Thanks Graham. I'm still a little fuzzy on what makes a template
"Global",
other than locating it in the startup directory. You guys are the
best!!
--
akkrug

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

ALT+F11 - Insert Module

akkrug wrote:
We need to distribute the spell checking macro and toolbar to users
in other areas of the company. The macro shows up under all active
Templates and the Normal.dot template, but when I try to use the
organizer to copy it from Normal.dot to another template, the macro
doesn't show up. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Ken K.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
kishore

Thankyou Graham and Charles.
Your valuable comments helped me complete my work quickly and easily.

Thanks again,
Kishore.

"akkrug" wrote in message
We need to distribute the spell checking macro and toolbar to users in
other
areas of the company. The macro shows up under all active Templates and
the
Normal.dot template, but when I try to use the organizer to copy it from
Normal.dot to another template, the macro doesn't show up. Any idea what
am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Ken K.
--
akkrug

Macros not "sticking" to template pubgal23 Microsoft Word Help 3 September 10th 05 06:33 AM
Word Template and Macros (as an option on toolbar) Khan Microsoft Word Help 1 June 2nd 05 05:22 AM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Moving templates to other computer GeorgeMar Microsoft Word Help 10 February 19th 05 05:59 AM
VBA to Copy Template styles to many documents...is this OK? Barry Millman Microsoft Word Help 1 January 18th 05 11:06 AM