Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ink

Default Why does my text default to MsMincho when imported?

I have a question about Word 2000. First let me describe our situation. We
are a family of weekly newspapers and we import text from Word 2000 into
Quark Xpress through a Bondi pallet plug-in. The problem we are having is
that when we bring a story from our database into Quark, a message comes up
telling us that the Quark document 'uses fonts not installed in your system'.
The culprit is almost always MSMincho. This forces us to replace ALL of the
fonts with one font and throws off all of our styles. This adds a ton of
extra work because we have to reformat everything. It's almost of no use to
even format it in Word.
If I create a new Word document for a story it will work fine. But there
are so many people in the company making stories, copying text out of
e-mails, importing text files into the database that it is impossible for me
to see where the problem originates.
I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this problem for me. Is there
some way to get around this time consuming problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word seems to covertly use MS Mincho for some characters (such as en and em
spaces); although this is usually not evident, I find that text has a
deplorable tendency to revert to overt MS Mincho at the most inopportune
times. I can assure you that having it installed is not the answer!

"Ink" wrote in message
[...]

Open word in text mode Jay Douglas Microsoft Word Help 9 February 15th 06 09:30 AM
body text default Jeff New Users 4 July 16th 05 03:00 AM
Changing default text box settings hazel Microsoft Word Help 1 July 8th 05 12:08 AM
End/FootNote text style Shaun Page Layout 4 July 5th 05 04:36 PM
Working with forms - trying to hide default text on printing Form-ally Stumped! Microsoft Word Help 1 June 30th 05 05:10 PM