Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marf marf is offline

Default Page Numbering Issue

I am having a weird issue with my page #s in a Template I designed.
I have protected and unprotected sections of the form.

I am using a header/footer X of Y, with the header blank for page numbers.
The footer shows:

Page 1 of 1
Page 2 of 3
Page 2 of 3 (no page 3)

Could it be realted to the continuous breaks I have in the document.. Help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Yes, page numbering could be restarted in any section (because the page
number format, including restarts, is a section property). To fix this: For
each section choose "Continue from previous section" in the Page Number
Format dialog box.

To display the Page Number Format dialog box: Activate the header/footer
area, for example by double-clicking it. In Word 97-2003, click the Format
Page Number button on the Header and Footer toolbar. In Word 2007, on the
Header & Footer Tools ribbon, click the Page Number button (in the Header &
Footer group), and then click Format Page Numbers.

Note that for continuous sections limited to part of a page, you can
temporarily insert page breaks so that you can see the header and footer
area, and then access the toolbar (or ribbon).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP