Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nikki Nikki is offline

Default Apply saved template to all pages in word doc.

I have a saved word template for business documents. The template has a
header and graphic I would like to show on every page of the document. So
far, I can only get the template to apply to the first page, when the text
runs over onto a second page, the header and graphic are not there.

I would like to be able to open a new doc. based on the template and have
every page feature the header info and graphic.

thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

What you're calling a "header and graphic" is evidently just in the body of
the first page of the template, or else it's in a first-page header (if, in
File Page Setup Layout, the "Different first page" option is checked).

If it's the first situation, you need to cut the "header and graphic" to the
clipboard, open the header area (View Header & Footer), and paste.

If it's the second situation, and if there's a reason to have the "Different
first page" option checked, then you need to temporarily insert a page break
to make a second page; copy the "header and graphic" from the first-page
header and paste it into the second- (and other-) page header; and delete
the temporary page break.

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm for more info.

--
Regards,