Andrew

Default Break. . . has disappeared from my insert menu in Word2002

The menu item "Break. . ." has disappeared from the Insert menu in Word 2002.
Does anyone know how to add/remove items from these menus. NOTE: I am not
talking about a toolbar, but the one of the main menu items, e.g. File, Edit,
View, Insert, etc.

Thanks for any help.
garfield-n-odie

If there is a little black triangle at the bottom of the Insert
dropdown menu, then click on the triangle to see more commands.
If the menu item is really missing, then see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oreMenuCmd.htm .

Andrew wrote:

The menu item "Break. . ." has disappeared from the Insert menu in Word 2002.
Does anyone know how to add/remove items from these menus. NOTE: I am not
talking about a toolbar, but the one of the main menu items, e.g. File, Edit,
View, Insert, etc.

Thanks for any help.

Page Break still missing

Still no luck...

The [break] menu item IS missing, not hidden.

I followed the instructions in the link below, and they did not help.

First of all, [Page Break] appears in the "Customize" window under
[commands] - [insert] so I don't know why it is not showing up.

Second of all, I cannot make any changes as per the instructions. The drag
and drop feature is blocked out, as is the [modify selection] button.

Andrew wrote:

The menu item "Break. . ." has disappeared from the Insert menu in Word 2002.
Does anyone know how to add/remove items from these menus. NOTE: I am not
talking about a toolbar, but the one of the main menu items, e.g. File, Edit,
View, Insert, etc.

Thanks for any help.

The commands listed in the Customize dialog are *all* the commands available
in Word, not just those listed on the menus. If this were not so, it would
not be possible to add new ones. So the fact that you see it there doesn't
imply that it should be on the menu.

I think you may not be using the right procedure to add the Insert | Break
command. Select the Break item in the Commands list with the mouse and drag
it up to the menu bar. Hover over the Insert item until the menu opens, then
drop the Break command on the menu where you want it.