Allan

Default track change line "breaks up"

Hi.

Small problem, but still annoying. Word 2000, I have selected track change
vertical line, outside border. Sometimes when I insert new text, or paste
text into the document, while having Word tracking changes, the line is not
"complete" but broken up, and I have to enter the paragraph and delete an
insert letters to get a "full line". And often, when I leave the page and
return later, the problem with a broken line is back. What can I do??

Kind regards

Allan

Shauna Kelly

Hi Allan

The tracked change vertical line is supposed to designate a line in which a
change was made. So if you make a change in lines 2, 4 and 6 of a paragraph,
you can expect small vertical lines against lines 2, 4 and 6.

If an entire paragraph is inserted or deleted as a whole, then all the lines
in the paragraph are seen as having changed, so you would expect a vertical
line against all the lines of such a paragraph. Since the vertical lines are
very tall, that will appear to be one continuous line next to the whole of
the paragraph.

Is that what you're seeing?

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.