Magnesium

Default How Do You Do Double Word Spacing?

Version: Windows 2003.

Problem: I can't seem to find out how to put double spacing inbetween each
word. It will save more time than pressing space twice every time and would
be less hassle than setting up a tab for it. All I can find though is line,
character and paragraph spacing. Is there actually a way to put double
spacing between words?
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 07:37:06 -0800, Magnesium
wrote:

Version: Windows 2003.

Problem: I can't seem to find out how to put double spacing inbetween each
word. It will save more time than pressing space twice every time and would
be less hassle than setting up a tab for it. All I can find though is line,
character and paragraph spacing. Is there actually a way to put double
spacing between words?

There's no way to do it automatically while you're typing the words.
After you've finished typing all the text, you can use the Edit
Replace dialog to find one space and replace it with two spaces.

This is an extremely unusual thing to want to do, which is why there
isn't any setting for it. What are you doing that needs double spacing
between words?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
sf

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 12:06:31 -0500, Jay Freedman wrote:

This is an extremely unusual thing to want to do, which is why there
isn't any setting for it. What are you doing that needs double spacing
between words?

I use that method to exaggerate the white space between words, when
typing text for young readers. The OP might be an early elementary
teacher, could work with students who have learning disabilities or
perhaps the text is meant to be read by people with vision problems.
In all 3 cases, the white space around words is commonly emphasized.
Otherwisetextendsuplookinglikethistothem.
Greg

When you are done typing your document. Use EditReplace to replace
one space with two or three or whatever makes it look right to you.