Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lake sacto

Default How get a self Template in Word to add/eliminate pages & numbers

My self Template in Word 2002 displays 5 duplicate pages when opened. I
entered text on the first page but it will not automatically move to the 2nd
page upon completion of the first (as it will do when typing a letter will
do, with no template of course) ??

I cannot eliminate the unwanted pages?

When I place paga numbers in the header of the first page, the same number
appears in a header on each of the unwanted duplicate pages ??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?bGFrZSBzYWN0bw==?=,

My self Template in Word 2002 displays 5 duplicate pages when opened. I
entered text on the first page but it will not automatically move to the 2nd
page upon completion of the first (as it will do when typing a letter will
do, with no template of course) ??

I cannot eliminate the unwanted pages?

When I place paga numbers in the header of the first page, the same number
appears in a header on each of the unwanted duplicate pages ??

I've read this four or five times, and I'm still not sure what it is you have,
what you want, and how it's wrong. You've created a template, that much I've
got. And have you used Insert/Break, chosen "Next page" to insert Next Page
section breaks? And now you don't want these additional pages?

If that's not it, please take a moment to formulate your problem clearly,
step-by-step, in some detail.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Fill-in field prompts Deb McLellan New Users 7 March 13th 06 08:43 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Global Template Question Deb McLellan New Users 6 February 13th 06 03:20 PM
How do I set right and left alignment on the same line in Word? Matador Page Layout 1 November 9th 05 08:32 PM