Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marf marf is offline

Default Sending a document for review

I have Word 2003, but when I send a document for review to a Word 2000 user,
he cannot send it back using the File-Send to-Original Sender option.
Does the 'review' feature work accross different versions of Word? Are there
any work arounds?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Marf,

Word 2002 added the Reviewing Toolbar's 'Reply with Changes' and
File=Send to=Original Sender choices, activated by content in a document sent as an email attachment via File="Send to Mail
Recipient (for Review)"

(In Word 2007 the Send for Review choice is now an 'off the board' [non default] list item that can be added through customization.)

Word 2000 users won't if I recall correctly, see any indication that the document is 'special' (other than the email that says to
return it after review) within Word that relates to 'original sender'

For sending from Word 2003 to Word 2000 users the
File=Send to=Routing Recipient
will also add 'flag generation' content to the document that will light up the
'Next Routing recipient' choice on the Word 2000 reviewing toolbar as well as the File=Next Routing Recipient' choice.

(The routing feature was discontinued after Word 2003).

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP