Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DGryder DGryder is offline

Default how do I open pocket word documents in Word 2007

I saved files to pocket word documents using Office XP on my old computer. On
my new computer, I have Office 2007 which will not open the .pwd files. Is
there a converter available for Office 2007 so I can open these files again?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Emprovision Emprovision is offline

Look at this:
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/office2007/word2007.htm

It should work.
--
If you would like additional help, catch me on the PowerPoint Heaven
Discussion Board (www.pptheaven.mvps.org), where I am frequently active.

"DGryder" wrote:

I saved files to pocket word documents using Office XP on my old computer. On
my new computer, I have Office 2007 which will not open the .pwd files. Is
there a converter available for Office 2007 so I can open these files again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Emprovision Emprovision is offline

Oh, I'm terribly sorry; I misread your question.

I'm not sure how this will work, but try Office ButtonOpen, then change the
Files of Type to Recover Text from Any File.
I haven't tried it before, but it may get you a rough version of what you
were looking for.
--

"DGryder" wrote:

I saved files to pocket word documents using Office XP on my old computer. On
my new computer, I have Office 2007 which will not open the .pwd files. Is
there a converter available for Office 2007 so I can open these files again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DGryder DGryder is offline

This page tells me how to save Word 2007 documents as .doc. That is not the
problem. The problem is that I cannot open files that are already saved as
..pwd files with Office 2007. Do you know how I could open these files?

"DGryder" wrote:

I saved files to pocket word documents using Office XP on my old computer. On
my new computer, I have Office 2007 which will not open the .pwd files. Is
there a converter available for Office 2007 so I can open these files again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you change the extension to RTF will it open?
Can you send a sample document to the link on the home page of my web site?

"DGryder" wrote:

I saved files to pocket word documents using Office XP on my old
computer. On my new computer, I have Office 2007 which will not
open the .pwd files. Is there a converter available for Office 2007
so I can open these files again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi D.,

Word for Windows and Pocket Word are managed by two different groups at Microsoft and the desktop version has not had a converter
for Pocket Word format documents. Using Microsoft Active Sync will convert the Pocket Word documents to WinWord format or saving
them from Pocket Word in RTF, DOC or format WinWord understands are Microsoft's approach.

"DGryder" wrote in message ...
This page tells me how to save Word 2007 documents as .doc. That is not the
problem. The problem is that I cannot open files that are already saved as
..pwd files with Office 2007. Do you know how I could open these files?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP