Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tips6 tips6 is offline

Default Microsoft Word 2007 Equation Editor

Hi there,

Feel a little bit stupid asking this, but does anybody know how I can change
the Equation Editor font from Cambria Math?? It never used to be this
difficult on the older versions!!

Best regards,

Matt
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Launch the EE and the Equation Ribbon will open. In the first group 'Tools',
click on the little dialog launcher in the title bar (it's the miniscule
arrow and you may need an electron microscope to see it). You change the
settings in the Tools Dialog.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"tips6" wrote in message
Hi there,

Feel a little bit stupid asking this, but does anybody know how I can
change
the Equation Editor font from Cambria Math?? It never used to be this
difficult on the older versions!!

Best regards,

Matt

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tips6 tips6 is offline

Hi Terry,

Tried what you said, although in the dialog box, it will only let me select
Cambria Math as the default font for the 'math regions'??

Regards,

Matt

"tips6" wrote in message
Hi there,

Feel a little bit stupid asking this, but does anybody know how I can
change
the Equation Editor font from Cambria Math?? It never used to be this
difficult on the older versions!!

Best regards,

Matt

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Matt,

For the Word 2007 Equation Editor the only provided font that has the character glyphs used in the equations is MS's Cambria Math.
You can apply another font within a document but the result may not be what you expect.

There are a couple of 3rd party ones being developed, but last I checked they were still not released, such as
http://www.stixfonts.org .

=============
"tips6" wrote in message ...
Hi Terry,

Tried what you said, although in the dialog box, it will only let me select
Cambria Math as the default font for the 'math regions'??

Regards,

Matt
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Vincent Vincent is offline

Hello Matt

I tried to utilize the fonts Computer Modern
(http://canopus.iacp.dvo.ru/~panov/cm.../download.html) and Latin Modern
(http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-fo...odern/download) since they
are used often in type-setting Mathematics equations to replace Cambria Math.
However, I can't seem to find a way to do so. Any help?

Vincent

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If it is at all possible, adding the fonts in the normal way for Windows
through Control Panel, Fonts, Add New Fonts dialog. Once installed, run Word
and see if the option to select one of the new fonts from the EE Ribbon
Tools, Dialog. If the dialog still only shows Cambria Maths, then you will
have to create your Es using Cambria Maths and when done, select the Es and
use the Font dialog to change the font to one of the new ones installed.
However, I'm not convinced that it will work. It may require registry
hacking and if the new fonts are not 100% compatible, then it may cause real
problems.

Terry

"Vincent" wrote in message
Hello Matt

I tried to utilize the fonts Computer Modern
(http://canopus.iacp.dvo.ru/~panov/cm.../download.html) and Latin
Modern
(http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-fo...odern/download) since
they
are used often in type-setting Mathematics equations to replace Cambria
Math.
However, I can't seem to find a way to do so. Any help?

Vincent

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Vincent Vincent is offline

Hello Terry,

I've tried all your suggestions (besides registry hacking). The dialog, in
this case, still uses Cambria Math. When I attempt to change the font of the
equation, the font returns to Cambria Math again, even if the equation only
contains numerals or text. I would be interested in the registry hacking,
though, if possible.

Vincent