Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
White Shoes

Default Help-Unique Page Numbering for additional pages inserted into docu

In WP Office XP 2003, am trying to insert several sets of new, supplemental
pages into an existing 100-page document originally done in Word97.

I want to number the new pages as, for example 75.1, 75.2 (leaving up to
page 75 as is), leave page 76 as is, add pages 76.1, 76.2, and then leave the
remaining pages as is, starting with 77.

Have tried various ways to do this - unsuccessfully - after reviewing MVP
FAQ and some threads, a couple Word books, and other websites. I have
probably missed a tip/trick/secret-handshake/code, however, since its been a
long time since I've had to do this, so the issue could be between the chair
and the keyboard !

Tried sections, chapters, manual, etc. It seems no matter what I do, I
can't even use decimals or alphas following the page number 75.1 (or 75a) and
the like, and it always renumbers and throws off the remaining pages.

Any advice is welcome - even add-ins if that will solve the problem.

Thanks very much !
--
White Shoes