Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
old aussie old aussie is offline

Default cannot open word

I cannot open Word, this started this week. Here's what I did,
I backed up Outlook, then removed Office Professional 2007 and reinstalled
the program, I have ALL secutity updates installed.
I cannot open Word, all the other 2007 programs work.
This is what I get when I try to open Word.

Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library
The message I am receiving is Runtime Error! Program: C:\ Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.exe
R6034 An application has been made to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Please contact the application's support team for more information. Under
this message I am getting winword.exe (oxc0000142)
I have googled this and cannot find a definite answer on how to fix it.
Right now I cannot open Word.

Anyone have a answer to this problem?

Thank you

Aussieman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Re-installing Office does not affect the personalisation files and registry
entries that you may have created nor does it affect its relationship with
the printer driver nor any add-ins that may be present. Start with
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.