Can only see page one in print layout view

Old December 13th 05, 08:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Can only see page one in print layout view

When I am in print layout view, I can only view the first page of a document,
even though it is a multiple page document. Even when using print preview, I
still cannot see more than one page.

When I place the cursor at the end of the last line on the first page and
press enter several times, nothing happens. I have also copied a full page
of text and then pasted it to see if I can then see a second page, but to no
avail. Nothing but the first page will display and I cannot move past it
even if I use "page down," try scrolling, or try pressing "enter" repeatedly.

If I change to normal or web page view, I can see the additional text. What
can I do to correct this problem?
Old December 13th 05, 08:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Does this occur in only one particular document? If yes, then
open the document, and click on Format | Columns | One | Apply
to: Whole document | OK. Even if "One" already appears to be
selected, click on it anyway.

Or does this occur in all new documents? If yes, then locate and
open your Normal.dot file as described in Method 1 in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm . Click
on Format | Columns | One | Apply to: Whole document | OK. Even
if "One" already appears to be selected, click on it anyway.
Type a character or two and delete what you just typed. Save the
Normal.dot file and close it.