Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Blondie309 Blondie309 is offline

Default Borders and margins

I am having trouble in Word 2007. I have an HP printer, and my bottom page
border won't print. It shows in my document, but when I go to print preview,
it is missing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Is your bottom margin set too close to the edge of the paper?

Display the document in Print Preview, and click the Page Setup launcher
(little box in the southeast corner of the Page Setup section of the Print
Preview tab).

Click the Layout tab in the Page Setup dialog, then click the Borders
button.

In the Page Border tab of the Borders and Shading dialog, click the Options
button.

The default margins usually are 24 pt for top, bottom, left, and right. Are
yours set to 24 points?

If not, try increasing the bottom margin... then OK your way out of the
dialogs and see if the bottom margin now displays. You might have to
experiment to find out the smallest you can make the margins. Many printers
have a "non-printable" region... and your margin settings must keep in the
printable region.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Blondie309" wrote in message
I am having trouble in Word 2007. I have an HP printer, and my bottom page
border won't print. It shows in my document, but when I go to print
preview,
it is missing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Marianne Chapman Marianne Chapman is offline

Default Is your bottom margin set too close to the edge of the paper?

I followed these instructions but instead of the border being measured from the "edge of paper", select "Text." You may need to adjust the margins slightly but not much and it works!

On Friday, September 12, 2008 9:02 PM Blondie30 wrote:

I am having trouble in Word 2007. I have an HP printer, and my bottom page
border will not print. It shows in my document, but when I go to print preview,
it is missing.

On Friday, September 12, 2008 10:16 PM Herb Tyson [MVP] wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Note that choosing "From text" is mentioned in the article that Suzanne
linked to (and co-wrote).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP