Mark

Default Multiple records into a single document

In Office 97 I could create a standard letter and then merge it with multiple
records to a separate document, thus maintaining the integrity of the
standard letter.

In Office 2003
(a)it refuses to merge with multiple records. The only way I can do this is
to copy the letter and paste to new pages with the 2nd and subsequent copies
prefixed by "next record". I have to do this for as many times as there are
records in the data source which is just about bearable for 10-20 records but
unacceptable for 100.

(b) not only that but it then does not offer the option of merging to a
separate document so I end up corrupting my original standard letter.

Please can you help me at all?

Many thanks for your time.

Mark

For

It is the same question I want to know. I would like to know how multiple
records prepared in Excel file can be printed in Word file within one page,
and then multiple records in second page.
Thanks
For

"Mark" wrote:

In Office 97 I could create a standard letter and then merge it with multiple
records to a separate document, thus maintaining the integrity of the
standard letter.

In Office 2003
(a)it refuses to merge with multiple records. The only way I can do this is
to copy the letter and paste to new pages with the 2nd and subsequent copies
prefixed by "next record". I have to do this for as many times as there are
records in the data source which is just about bearable for 10-20 records but
unacceptable for 100.

(b) not only that but it then does not offer the option of merging to a
separate document so I end up corrupting my original standard letter.

Please can you help me at all?

Many thanks for your time.

Mark

Doug Robbins

I suspect that you are not actually executing the merge.

Probably best if you dispense with the Wizard and do one of the following:

1. From the View menu, select Toolbars and then check the Mailmerge item.
This will display the Mailmerge toolbar that contains buttons that allows
you to perform the whole mailmerge process, including buttons at the right
hand end of the toolbar for merging to various destinations.

2. From the Tools menu, select Customize and in the Commands tab of the
Customize dialog, select the All Commands category and in the list of
commands, locate the Mailmerge Helper item and click and drag it onto a
toolbar. This will give you back the original interface with which you are
used to working.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Mark" wrote in message
[...]

Doug Robbins

It is not the same question, but use a catalog (or in Word XP and later, a
directory) type of mailmerge main document.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mark" wrote:

[...]

Chris

It sounds like mail merge may not be your best option. If you add the
Database toolbar to your workspace and insert a database you can get a
lot of rows of data from all the same sources the mail merge uses. You
can select the option to make the data dynamic so that it refreshes when
its source refreshes.

Does that help?

Chris Weber