lanadee

Default how do you change the default text wrap

I would like to change the default text wrap, anyone know how? Actually I
would like to turn off ALL the incoded items in word. So that I can CHOOSE
and not have things jumping off the page...but I would be happy to start with
just the "wrap".
Jean-Guy Marcil

lanadee was telling us:
lanadee nous racontait que :

I would like to change the default text wrap, anyone know how?
Actually I would like to turn off ALL the incoded items in word. So
that I can CHOOSE and not have things jumping off the page...but I
would be happy to start with just the "wrap".

Not sure I understand what you mean...
You would rather have the text on one long line or be forced to use Enter at
the end of every line? Use NotePad or a typewriter!But somehow, I doubt this
is what you mean. What are "incoded items in word"?
Can you give more details?
--
Salut!
_______________________________________

lanadee

Hi,
Word "assumes" that you want text wrap ON...I would rather CHOSE to use
wrap. That way when you place a text box everything stays put on the page
unless you ASK for wrap. ENCODING.....As a word processing software, Word
again, assumes you want it's defaults for everything. I prefer to set my
own, but Word doesn't make that easy. Certainly I could use other programs,
and generally do, but when your company uses Word...you do as the Romans
do....thanks for your interest in my desire to set my own default in text
wrap....as in....none at all if possible, unless I chose to do so.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

lanadee was telling us:
lanadee nous racontait que :

I would like to change the default text wrap, anyone know how?
Actually I would like to turn off ALL the incoded items in word. So
that I can CHOOSE and not have things jumping off the page...but I
would be happy to start with just the "wrap".

Not sure I understand what you mean...
You would rather have the text on one long line or be forced to use Enter at
the end of every line? Use NotePad or a typewriter!But somehow, I doubt this
is what you mean. What are "incoded items in word"?
Can you give more details?
--
Salut!
_______________________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil - Word MVP
ISTOO
Word MVP site:
http://www.word.mvps.org

I still don't know what type of encoding you're talking about. But see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm

Also, as noted before, you can choose to Paste/Insert "In Line With Text."
This setting is on the Edit tab of Tools | Options.

"lanadee" wrote in message
Hi,
Word "assumes" that you want text wrap ON...I would rather CHOSE to use
wrap. That way when you place a text box everything stays put on the page
unless you ASK for wrap. ENCODING.....As a word processing software, Word
again, assumes you want it's defaults for everything. I prefer to set my
own, but Word doesn't make that easy. Certainly I could use other

programs,
and generally do, but when your company uses Word...you do as the Romans
do....thanks for your interest in my desire to set my own default in text
wrap....as in....none at all if possible, unless I chose to do so.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

lanadee was telling us:
lanadee nous racontait que :

I would like to change the default text wrap, anyone know how?
Actually I would like to turn off ALL the incoded items in word. So
that I can CHOOSE and not have things jumping off the page...but I
would be happy to start with just the "wrap".

Not sure I understand what you mean...
You would rather have the text on one long line or be forced to use

Enter at
the end of every line? Use NotePad or a typewriter!But somehow, I doubt

this
is what you mean. What are "incoded items in word"?
Can you give more details?
--
Salut!
Jean-Guy Marcil - Word MVP
ISTOO
Word MVP site:
http://www.word.mvps.org

how to change "default text" font in a form field Angela Microsoft Word Help 1 January 29th 05 05:03 AM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
How do i change the default position of the cursor when creating . Lumus Page Layout 1 December 9th 04 02:45 PM
How do you change the default picture insert to lock anchor? Clark Griffiths Page Layout 1 November 30th 04 10:45 AM
Can I change the vertical alignment of text in a text box? Fien Page Layout 2 November 25th 04 03:47 PM