Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Forrest Forrest is offline

Default Word 2007 Normal.dotm

By default, the Word 2007 Noral.dotm adds a 10 pt spacing after each line. I
opened Normal.dotm and changed it to 0 pt then saved it. This solution works
if I open Word 2007 from the start menu, but if I create a new word document
from the context menu it still adds the 10 pt spacing. Does anyone know why?

I have also tried opening the paragraph menu and seting 0 pt single line
spacing as the default and also seting the Style - No Spacing - Set
Default, but neither seem to effect creating a new word document from the
context menu.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Hello Forrest

Forrest wrote:
By default, the Word 2007 Noral.dotm adds a 10 pt spacing after each line. I
opened Normal.dotm and changed it to 0 pt then saved it. This solution works
if I open Word 2007 from the start menu, but if I create a new word document
from the context menu it still adds the 10 pt spacing. Does anyone know why?

I have also tried opening the paragraph menu and seting 0 pt single line
spacing as the default and also seting the Style - No Spacing - Set
Default, but neither seem to effect creating a new word document from the
context menu.

yes, this was a pretty odd behavior by Word 2007 out of the box: the
source for a new document created from Explorer was in fact some factory
defaults, and not Normal.dotm.

ISTR there was a manual fix somehow, but according to

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...20Changes.xlsx

(see row 631!)

this has been fixed by the SP2 for Office 2007.

[I have not tested this myself, but I don't have much use for documents
created on Normal.dotm _or_ factory defaults, anyway ... :-)]

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I think this is due to the way Word creates new documents when invoked from
the context menu - and I believe it has been fixed in SP2.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com