Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
capitokk capitokk is offline

Default quick parts-increment receipt No. by 1 automatically.

Hi I saw template receipt on the net in which after inserting (3 of
them on a page) another, using Quick Parts, the receipt number
automatically change ie increment by 1.
I wish to learn how to do this. I thought quick parts could
automatically do the trick but I was proved wrong. Will be very happy
for help. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I haven't seen the template you mention, but I'm guessing it makes use of SEQ fields. Learn about SEQ fields he

Field codes: Seq (Sequence) field
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...190.aspx?CTT=1

If you are using Word 2007 or 2010, you can insert a SEQ field via Insert tab | Quick Parts | Field.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Quick Parts Paul Microsoft Word Help 1 July 7th 09 11:18 AM
quick parts-I think! Ray New Users 1 June 7th 09 03:06 PM
How can I create Quick parts LindaBee New Users 1 March 5th 08 11:42 AM
Quick Parts Vicky Microsoft Word Help 3 November 9th 07 08:36 PM
Quick parts MADS New Users 1 July 24th 06 11:55 AM