chemteacher

Default Office should suggest dates better

When you start to type in the current month, Word suggests today's date to
complete the phrase. It does this even if the day of the week does not
match. For example, today is Sunday, June 19. If I start to type in Monday,
J-u-n It will start to suggest June 19, 2005, even though this does not match
the day of the week I typed in. It should suggest the next upcoming date
that matches that day of the week. For example, if I start to type in
Monday, J-u-n it should suggest Monday, June 20, 2005. If I start to type in
Thursday, J- it should suggest Thursday, June 23, 2005. I think a lot of
the stuff it tries to anticipate you wanting to type in is silly. However,
if it must suggest a date, it should at least suggest one that might match
the one you are trying to type in.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Pat Garard

G'Day,

If I start to type in Thursday, J- it should suggest Thursday,

June 23, 2005

By what Magic do you eliminate January and July? Do you really
want a date suggested when you type "On Thursday, John came..."?
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"chemteacher" wrote in message
[...]

This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,
follow this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader
and then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

WClayB

Personally, I can't stand the whole auto-suggestion mess. It's rarely what I
want, and often gets in the way like a pesky puppy, or worse. I turn the
whole thing off and use it like an old style word processor, relying on
myself to know how to spell a word or whether today is Monday or Mondale or
June or July. Until it can read minds. Watch out, I'm sure Bill is working
on that, too.

So Pat, do you guys get Athlete's scalp down there, walking upside-down and
all? I hear you have to replace the roofs of your cars every 40,000 miles or
so...

"Pat Garard" wrote:

G'Day,

[...]

Pat Garard

G'Day G'Day,

The Atheletes Scalp is an old furphy - but dandruff in
the socks is a real pain.

Replacing the roofs is an old wives tale - that's where we put
the wheels and, since the car's upside-down, the steering wheel
is reversed an' we 'ave to drive on the wrong side of the road.

Struth! Don't yees know anything?
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"WClayB" wrote in message
Personally, I can't stand the whole auto-suggestion mess. It's
rarely what I
want, and often gets in the way like a pesky puppy, or worse. I
turn the
whole thing off and use it like an old style word processor, relying
on
myself to know how to spell a word or whether today is Monday or
Mondale or
June or July. Until it can read minds. Watch out, I'm sure Bill is
working
on that, too.

So Pat, do you guys get Athlete's scalp down there, walking
upside-down and
all? I hear you have to replace the roofs of your cars every 40,000
miles or
so...

"Pat Garard" wrote:

G'Day,

[...]

WClayB

Ha, Ha!
Glad you're such a good sport! So for you, some friendly advice: leave open
your attic vents when it rains so your house doesn't flood and don't forget
the sunscreen when you go out at night!

Later, Dude!
~WC

"WClayB" wrote in message
Personally, I can't stand the whole auto-suggestion mess. It's
rarely what I
want, and often gets in the way like a pesky puppy, or worse. I
turn the
whole thing off and use it like an old style word processor, relying
on
myself to know how to spell a word or whether today is Monday or
Mondale or
June or July. Until it can read minds. Watch out, I'm sure Bill is
working
on that, too.

So Pat, do you guys get Athlete's scalp down there, walking
upside-down and
all? I hear you have to replace the roofs of your cars every 40,000
miles or
so...

G'Day,