Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David

Default Office 2007 and Vista 64 bit.

I loaded up a copy of Vista 64 bit, Beta 2, Build 5308. I loaded the Beta's
of Office 2007 and Viso 2007. Nothing from the Office Suite nor Viso will
run. I get an error that says it has stopped working before anything even
appears to start working. Looking in the log files, it appears to be trying
to hit a share point server, but cant find it. It also shows an unknown
fautling module and unknown version. Did not see this problem anywhere on
the board, (Or anything close to it.) Anyone know of a workaround. I am
proably going to load a virtual XP to see what I want to see, but it would be
nice to play with it on a 64 bit to see what it can do.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

Hi David,

I am not in the Vista beta. However, is Build 5308 the build that MS
released as actual Beta 2 the same day as Office Beta 2? Those two
should be compatible. Any other combination is not going to work.
Keep in mind that there is no 64 bit version of Office 2007, so that
might be part of the problem.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"David" wrote in message
:

I loaded up a copy of Vista 64 bit, Beta 2, Build 5308. I loaded the Beta's
of Office 2007 and Viso 2007. Nothing from the Office Suite nor Viso will
run. I get an error that says it has stopped working before anything even
appears to start working. Looking in the log files, it appears to be trying
to hit a share point server, but cant find it. It also shows an unknown
fautling module and unknown version. Did not see this problem anywhere on
the board, (Or anything close to it.) Anyone know of a workaround. I am
proably going to load a virtual XP to see what I want to see, but it would be
nice to play with it on a 64 bit to see what it can do.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
01001011

I have the same problem with the 32bit verion of 5308.
And are running Office 2007 BETA 2

"David" wrote in message
:

I loaded up a copy of Vista 64 bit, Beta 2, Build 5308. I loaded the Beta's
of Office 2007 and Viso 2007. Nothing from the Office Suite nor Viso will
run. I get an error that says it has stopped working before anything even
appears to start working. Looking in the log files, it appears to be trying
to hit a share point server, but cant find it. It also shows an unknown
fautling module and unknown version. Did not see this problem anywhere on
the board, (Or anything close to it.) Anyone know of a workaround. I am
proably going to load a virtual XP to see what I want to see, but it would be
nice to play with it on a 64 bit to see what it can do.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

Vista has been labeled as Beta 2 for months now (even though it wasn't
beta 2). From what I could find 5308 was released on February 22, 2006
and is NOT the real Beta 2 build that was released a week or so ago.
Office 2007 Beta 2 will simply not work on it. You have to get the real
beta 2, which is available currently to MSDN and TechNet subscribers
only, as per http://www.microsoft.com/Windowsvista

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

:

"David" wrote in message
:

I loaded up a copy of Vista 64 bit, Beta 2, Build 5308. I loaded the Beta's
of Office 2007 and Viso 2007. Nothing from the Office Suite nor Viso will
run. I get an error that says it has stopped working before anything even
appears to start working. Looking in the log files, it appears to be trying
to hit a share point server, but cant find it. It also shows an unknown
fautling module and unknown version. Did not see this problem anywhere on
the board, (Or anything close to it.) Anyone know of a workaround. I am
proably going to load a virtual XP to see what I want to see, but it would be
nice to play with it on a 64 bit to see what it can do.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kip

Vista Beta 2 is based on Build 5381. Build 5308 is the February CTP.
the 64 bit version of Vista has serious problems with compatibility, even
with programs designed for 64 bit XP. see
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase...sta_ff_x64.asp

"David" wrote in message
:

I loaded up a copy of Vista 64 bit, Beta 2, Build 5308. I loaded the Beta's
of Office 2007 and Viso 2007. Nothing from the Office Suite nor Viso will
run. I get an error that says it has stopped working before anything even
appears to start working. Looking in the log files, it appears to be trying
to hit a share point server, but cant find it. It also shows an unknown
fautling module and unknown version. Did not see this problem anywhere on
the board, (Or anything close to it.) Anyone know of a workaround. I am
proably going to load a virtual XP to see what I want to see, but it would be
nice to play with it on a 64 bit to see what it can do.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
01001011

To Patrick and Kip
Thank you both for quick and infomative answers

Greetings from Norway
Kjetil Hetland

:

: