Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Contro Contro is offline

Default MERGESEQ Problems

Hi Guys!

I've tried and tried to sort out this problem, but just can't seem to
find a solution that I can get working for me. I was hoping you could
help!

Basically, I have a word document that links to an Access Query. The
query is selecting the name of a student and displays their subjects
and their grades. Now, as you can imagine, if you wanted to give this
person a certificate, then you'd want all the subjects and grades to
appear on the same piece of paper. This is where I get the problem!

When merging through word using mail merge, each subject and grade
appears on a new page...but what I want is for the person's name to
appear at the top (this is a basic example..where would be other
information as well), and then list all the subjects they took and the
grades afterwards.

I had a look at Article ID: 211303
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211303), and copied the solution,
changing it where necessary, but it doesn't make any difference.
Instead of using City as the key field, I'm using Applicant ID, as I
want it to separate by Applicant, and not city as was the example.

Can any of you guys see explain just how to sort out my problem? I
really can't understand it at all. I've used control+F9 to make all
the braces, so that isn't the problem.

Please help!

Contro.

P.S. I can't use a Report in Access to sort out this problem; it needs
to be a Word Document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It's much easier to use a report in Access.

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at:

http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMerge.htm