Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Meisam Meisam is offline

Default How can I automatically change the number of tables,shapes in WORD

How can I set my word document in a way that it automatically change the
number of the table or shape when another table or shape is added,decreased
or replaced?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use the Caption feature when numbering your tables (figures etc.):

- References tab | Insert Caption (Word 2007).

- Insert | Reference | Caption (Word 2003).

As you add and delete captions, the remaining ones can be updated, for
example by switching to Print Preview and then back to your favorite view.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Meisam" wrote in message
How can I set my word document in a way that it automatically change the
number of the table or shape when another table or shape is
added,decreased
or replaced?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

How have you entered the captions for the existing tables and figures?
Do you use Insert Reference Caption for this exercise? If you have they
should automatcially renumber when you enter a new table/figure caption.
Check out the Word Help articles about Captions and Cross-referencing.
Also what version of what are you using?
DeanH