Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
magnus magnus is offline

Default Don't have eligibility in my own files

Hi, I recently purchased Office home- and student 2007. I had office 2003
before. Now when I opens an existing Word document the program say that it
couldn't open the file because there is i dialogue box open. Close this and
try again. When I press OK the file opens anyway. So when I now want's to
edit an Excel worksheet inside word by dubbelclicking on it the program say
that I don't have eligibility. What to do??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If you have Norton AV then go to Norton Options and in the Miscellaneous
section, turn off "Enable Office Plug-in".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Magnus" wrote in message
Hi, I recently purchased Office home- and student 2007. I had office 2003
before. Now when I opens an existing Word document the program say that it
couldn't open the file because there is i dialogue box open. Close this
and
try again. When I press OK the file opens anyway. So when I now want's to
edit an Excel worksheet inside word by dubbelclicking on it the program
say
that I don't have eligibility. What to do??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are using Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, try disabling the Office
Plugin that comes with it (but don't disable Norton AutoProtect). See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office programs
with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more information.