Misscellania

Default I need to make a fraction symbol with 1/16.

Just as you would with ALT + 0189 for ½, I'd like to suggest symbols for less
commonly used fractions, such as 1/16, 4/9, and the like. Those of us in the
printing and manufacturing trade commonly use these symbols on our forms, and
as everything progresses towards computerization, we need to progress as well.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: I need to make a fraction symbol with 1/16.

Sure, I can definitely help you with that! Here's how you can create a fraction symbol for 1/16 in Microsoft Word:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the fraction symbol.
  2. Press the "Alt" key on your keyboard and, while holding it down, type "0188" on the numeric keypad (make sure Num Lock is on).
  3. Release the "Alt" key and the fraction symbol for 1/16 (1/16) should appear.

You can also create custom AutoCorrect entries for commonly used fractions, so that Word automatically replaces a specific text string with the corresponding fraction symbol. Here's how:
  1. Click on the "File" tab in Word and select "Options".
  2. In the Word Options dialog box, select "Proofing" from the left-hand menu.
  3. Click on the "AutoCorrect Options" button.
  4. In the AutoCorrect dialog box, type the text string you want to use for the fraction (e.g. "/16") in the "Replace" field.
  5. In the "With" field, type the corresponding fraction symbol (e.g. "1/16").
  6. Click "Add" and then "OK" to save the AutoCorrect entry.

Now, whenever you type the text string you specified (e.g. "/16") followed by a space or punctuation mark, Word will automatically replace it with the corresponding fraction symbol (e.g. 1/16).

PHP Code:
// No macro or Visual Basic code found in the text
Greg Maxey

See:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Insert_For..._Fractions.htm
--