Anita

Default Document map does not show all my headings.

Document map does not show all my heading that I have formatted according to
my resonalised styles and formatting. I have tried all the Office
Assistants's advice but to no avail.

Fortunately is does not show, what it is not surposed to show, as I have
heard happens to others.

Thanx.
Stefan Blom

"Anita" wrote in message
Document map does not show all my heading that I have formatted

according to
my resonalised styles and formatting. I have tried all the Office
Assistants's advice but to no avail.

The Document Map cannot display headings in table cells or text boxes.
And note that any custom styles used for headings must have an Outline
Level specified to be visible in the Document Map. To specify an
Outline Level, use the Paragraph dialog box (in the Modify Style
dialog box, click FormatParagraphIndents and Spacing tab).

Fortunately is does not show, what it is not surposed to show, as I

have
heard happens to others.

Thanx.

This is probably a sign that you are using styles properly. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Anita

Hi Stefan,

Thanx for your help. I am sorted now.

But I have another question, please: I am working with various small
documents (the different chapters, 5 - 30 pages each) which ultimately makes
up a total combined document (about 12 chapters). The small documents remain
individually saved files. Each small document have it's own table of
contents, created using Insert Reference Index and Tables. However, I
would need a "combined" ToC for the complete document, incorporating all the
little ToC'. If the ToC's was normal text, I could just copy and paste the
small ToC's, into the combined ToC. But it seems I would not be able to do
that now? It there a way to sort of "convert the ToC field to normal text"
after I have copied it to the combined ToC? Or will I be able to just copy
and paste, into the combined ToC. Obviously I would only be able to do that
at the end, when all the small ToC's have been finalised, as the "update ToC"
will not also update the combined ToC?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

"Anita" wrote in message
[...]

Stefan Blom

You are welcome. For your second question, see the following article:

Creating a Table of Contents Spanning Multiple Documents

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

"Anita" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony C Tony C is offline

This (text format/style not showing in text box in tool bar) happens to me
also. It did show in Word2000 but Word2003 it stopped. It is very
difficult to determine the style of headers, subheaders, etc since have to
scroll thru many pages of styles that have been used in the document. The
explaination below does not help me. Any assistance in determining the style
used for selected text would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tony