Brad Zenner

Default Custom paper size printing issue

Here's my problem...

I've got a piece invitation paper that's 6 3/16" wide by 9 1/4" tall. I
plugged those numbers into the Page Setup Settings as a Custom Page.
However, when I go to print it, the text doesn't line up with the paper. I
have a feeling it's a printer issue, but wanted to make sure I didn't miss
anything in MS Word first. I'm using Word 2002 running WinXP.

Are there additional settings/preferences that I missed for printing on
custom paper?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Brad Zenner

Printers vary in their ability to accommodate custom sizes. Sometimes it's
just a matter of figuring out where the printer wants you to feed the paper
(in the center or flush to one side, for example). If you can't get the
printer to work with a custom size (as often happens), then you have to set
up your custom size in the middle of a standard size. In this case, if your
margins aren't already small, and if your printer offers a 6"x9" envelope
size, you might be able to get away with using that, reducing your document
margins to compensate. If not, you'll need to start with Letter size and
increase the margins to compensate. Specifically, subtract 6-3/16" from 8.5"
and either add that to the left or right margin (depending on how your
printer feeds) or split it between left and right (if you can feed the paper
from the center (if you're already able to feed from the center, though, you
probably don't need to do this).

"Brad Zenner" wrote in message
Here's my problem...

I've got a piece invitation paper that's 6 3/16" wide by 9 1/4" tall. I
plugged those numbers into the Page Setup Settings as a Custom Page.
However, when I go to print it, the text doesn't line up with the paper. I
have a feeling it's a printer issue, but wanted to make sure I didn't miss
anything in MS Word first. I'm using Word 2002 running WinXP.

Are there additional settings/preferences that I missed for printing on
custom paper?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Brad Zenner

gspress

I am having the same type of problem with an custom card from Hallmark. I
have downloaded the template and tried to enter the settings myself but the
printing is always off the page - even though print preview looks fine. I
have tried 2 printers at home and both feed custom papers from the right side
(Guide slides over to the left edge of the paper) with out any luck.
I took the document into work which has a center feed and it was fine.
I can't believe these issues can not be corrected and you have to set up the
paper size as a margin.

"Brad Zenner" wrote:

Here's my problem...

I've got a piece invitation paper that's 6 3/16" wide by 9 1/4" tall. I
plugged those numbers into the Page Setup Settings as a Custom Page.
However, when I go to print it, the text doesn't line up with the paper. I
have a feeling it's a printer issue, but wanted to make sure I didn't miss
anything in MS Word first. I'm using Word 2002 running WinXP.

Are there additional settings/preferences that I missed for printing on
custom paper?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Brad Zenner

How do I correctly print on custom size paper? jnrdextras Microsoft Word Help 1 March 3rd 05 11:14 AM
help on ms word printing paper resize (destination paper) Ahsan New Users 1 February 12th 05 10:07 PM
Setting custom size problem Bob S Page Layout 0 December 24th 04 04:25 PM
custom size paper sdcat Page Layout 3 December 23rd 04 10:53 PM
printing custom size envelopes tcgygi Microsoft Word Help 1 December 10th 04 10:00 PM