Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jason Jason is offline

Default Clear Formatting Creates Frames in Master Document

I'm working on an word document that consists of several chapters (separate
word documents). I'm using the outline mode and have attached everything as
sub-documents. All has been going well until I started working on
reformatting styles. At first things were going well, but now anytime I use
the clear formatting selection (in print layout mode) under the styles menu
it converts all of my text into frames IN THE WHOLE DOCUMENT, not just the
selected text. I can select all the frames and remove them (right click
frame, format frame, remove frame) but eventually when I go to clear the
formatting on selected text it pushes everything back into frames. I'm at a
standstill until I can figure this out. I need all of the text to remain in
the document and NOT in frames.

PS I noticed that the sub-documents when opened do not contain the text in
frames, even though the master document does. Saving the master document
also saves any changes to the sub-document but these do not retain the frames
even if they appear to contain them in the master.

Equation formatting lost in master document - Word 2007 Rui Microsoft Word Help 0 October 16th 07 03:26 AM
Help with Formatting Percentages in Mail Merge Master Document Harry H. Microsoft Word Help 4 September 7th 07 06:40 AM
How can i clear the formatting marks on my word document Becky Wright Page Layout 4 September 13th 06 10:44 PM
Clear Formatting cindy Page Layout 1 February 15th 06 02:50 AM
Formatting of Subdocument via "INCLUDE" into a Master Document Ron Lee Formatting Long Documents 5 February 17th 05 09:31 PM