Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Clif Barber Clif Barber is offline

Default Page x of y numbering in WOrd 2007

I am unable to determine how to implement "page x of y" page numbering in
Word 2007. Any ideas??

--
Clifton J. Barber
CJ Barber Consutling Services

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Clif Barber wrote:
I am unable to determine how to implement "page x of y" page
numbering in Word 2007. Any ideas??

You can choose it from among the preformatted items in the Page Number
gallery on the Insert ribbon, or you can build it by hand by using the
Insert Quick Parts Field dialog twice (type "Page" and a space, insert a
Page field, type space "of" space, and insert a NumPages field).

A hint: If you use the Page Number gallery, and if the header or footer
you're working on already has text in it, choose the "Current Position" item
instead of the "Top of Page" or "Bottom of Page" items. The latter two will
wipe out any previous contents of the header/footer pane while inserting the
chosen entry; "Current Position" will insert the chosen entry at the cursor
position without affecting previous contents.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Clif Barber Clif Barber is offline

I just realized that I reported the wrong problem. I am able to program page
x of y number using both the Page Number Gallery and building manually.
However, in either case, it turns into page x of x on every page when I
generate a pdf file. Any ideas??

--

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Clif Barber wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

It could be a return of the bug discussed at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm, although I haven't heard
before of it hitting Word 2007. Try the workarounds listed there.