Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Old.Professor Old.Professor is offline

Default How do you turn scroll bars on in Word 2007

My horizontal scroll bar disappears when the zoom is less than or
equal to 100%. I sometime need the horizontal control even the,
expecially when connected to a projector. Can I force the scroll ball
to appear all the time?
--------------------
Jay Freedman
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:42:05 -0800, Mikey
wrote: Somehow I've lost the scroll
bar in Word 2007....and cannot find a way to turn it on. Is there a
control for this? Or...is this a "new feature". Click the Office
button Word Options Advanced. Scroll down to the Display group,
where you'll find check boxes for showing the vertical and horizontal
scroll bars. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:
http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all
follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit.

Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The horizontal scroll bar is only visible when the display resolution is
such that the full width of the page is not visible in the Word window. If
you want it to appear at lower levels of zoom, make the window narrower.

Old.Professor wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Old.Professor Old.Professor is offline

I'm sorry, but this is not true, at least for me. I reduced the
window width until only a few word were visible. The horizontal
scroll bar never appeared. I experimented with turning on Document
Map. It caused the horizontal scroll bar to appear, and when I turned
Document Map off the horizontal scroll bar did not disappear. So at
least I found a work around.

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com